Please meet at the Windmill pub in Meir Heath NO LATER THAN 07:15 am. The leaders will drive you all to Cannock and bring you back to the Windmill. You will need to let your parents know when we are on our way back.
In addition to the kit below please bring with you a change of shoes and something to sit on in the car on the way back.
Please bring with you as much of the kit listed below as possible (don’t forget food and drink you will be out on the Chase for about 5-6 hours):
PERSONAL kit (each participant MUST carry/wear all of the kit in this list)
- Long sleeved base layer
- Warm long sleeved shirt
- Long sleeved microfleece or suitable jumper/top
- Full length legwear suitable for outdoor use (NOT denim)
- Quality wind and waterproof coat & over trousers
- Spare socks
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves or mittens
- Food for consumption en route (for the purpose of the practice walks please bring drinks too, you will not be carrying drinks on the actual walk)
- Pencil and paper
- Watch (or other devise with a clock on it i.e. mobile phone)
- Drinking mug (plastic, not your grannies finest bone china)
- Compass (The compass should be of Silva or Suunto type with a roamer and base plate to take and walk on a bearing, suitable for use with your OS maps)
- Torch – Wind up torches are not suitable
- Polythene exposure bag at least 6’x2’6” 500 gauge (or metric equivalent) foil blankets may be carried in addition but not instead of
- Hi-visibility waistcoats with reflective banding which must be visible front and rear
The list below is kit that your TEAM must carry
- First Aid kit which should include as a minimum a good supply of plasters, blister treatment, antiseptic wipes and wound dressings.
- Emergency high energy food such as mars bars, Kendal mint cake or any such snacks according to your preference.
- Thermos flask with hot drink.
- Sleeping bag (suitable for keeping a casualty warm)
- 2 sets of OS maps of the route – WE WILL PROVIDE
- All rucksacks must display reflective material visible from the rear – A high level of
- Hi-visibility and reflective banding (which can be supplemented with red lamps such as bicycle lamps) is to be placed specifically around the rucksack of the team’s backmarker. This could be an additional hi-viz jacket worn around the rucksack.