Please be at the Windmill in time to leave at 7:30am. Please make sure you have all of your kit with you (don’t forget food and drink for the practice walk too):
PERSONAL kit (each participant MUST carry/wear all of the kit in this list)
- Long sleeved base layer
- Warm long sleeved shirt
- Long sleeved microfleece or suitable jumper/top
- Full length legwear suitable for outdoor use (NOT denim)
- Quality wind and waterproof coat & over trousers
- Spare socks
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves or mittens
- Food for consumption en route
- Pencil and paper
- Watch (or other devise with a clock on it i.e. mobile phone)
- Drinking mug
- Compass (The compass should be of Silva or Suunto type with a roamer and base plate to take and walk on a bearing, suitable for use with your OS maps)
- Torch – Wind up torches are not suitable
- Polythene exposure bag at least 6’x2’6” 500 gauge (or metric equivalent) foil blankets may be carried in addition but not instead of
- Hi-visibility waistcoats with reflective banding which must be visible front and rear
The list below is kit that your TEAM must carry
- First Aid kit which should include as a minimum a good supply of plasters, blister treatment, antiseptic wipes and wound dressings.
- Emergency high energy food such as mars bars, Kendal mint cake or any such snacks according to your preference.
- Thermos flask with hot drink.
- Sleeping bag (suitable for keeping a casualty warm)
- All rucksacks must display reflective material visible from the rear – A high level of
- Hi-visibility and reflective banding (which can be supplemented with red lamps such as bicycle lamps) is to be placed specifically around the rucksack of the team’s backmarker. This could be an additional hi-viz jacket worn around the rucksack.