Please meet at the front of Tenpin at Festival Park at 19:15. I expect to be done by 20:30. The cost is £5.20 for everyone (they have kindly discounted the price across the board). If possible please bring the correct money as I have (personally) paid the bill up front.
Due to personnel shortages we are cancelling the walk tomorrow. See you on Tuesday for bowling
Due to there not being enough leaders tomorrow morning we need a volunteer to take a car load of walkers to Cannock and pick up a car load at around 15:00. Any offers?
Please let Kai know ASAP, if no-one is able to help we will have to cancel the practice walk.
As you know next week we plan to go to Tenpin at Festival Park for a spot of bowling. Please can you let me know ASAP if you intend to come as I need to book the lanes. Either respond on here, email me or text me. I need to know right away.
Please note that the walk this week will not start at the HQ in Caverswall. Please meet at the car park of the Windmill Pub (Meir Heath) at 07:30am. The leaders will then drive the Explorers to Cannock where they will be walking the first half of the actual Chase Walk route. Once complete the Explorers will be brought back to the pub. Explorers will let parents know when they are on their way back, we usually expect to be back by around 16:00.
In addition to the kit below please bring with you a change of shoes and something to sit on in the car on the way back.
Please bring with you as much of the kit listed below as possible:
PERSONAL kit (each participant MUST carry/wear all of the kit in this list)
- Long sleeved base layer
- Warm long sleeved shirt
- Long sleeved microfleece or suitable jumper/top
- Full length legwear suitable for outdoor use (NOT denim)
- Quality wind and waterproof coat & over trousers
- Spare socks
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves or mittens
- Food for consumption en route (for the purpose of the practice walks please bring drinks too, you will not be carrying drinks on the actual walk)
- Pencil and paper
- Watch (or other devise with a clock on it i.e. mobile phone)
- Drinking mug (plastic, not your grannies finest bone china)
- Compass (The compass should be of Silva or Suunto type with a roamer and base plate to take and walk on a bearing, suitable for use with your OS maps)
- Torch – Wind up torches are not suitable
- Polythene exposure bag at least 6’x2’6” 500 gauge (or metric equivalent) foil blankets may be carried in addition but not instead of
- Hi-visibility waistcoats with reflective banding which must be visible front and rear
The list below is kit that your TEAM must carry
- First Aid kit which should include as a minimum a good supply of plasters, blister treatment, antiseptic wipes and wound dressings.
- Emergency high energy food such as mars bars, Kendal mint cake or any such snacks according to your preference.
- Thermos flask with hot drink.
- Sleeping bag (suitable for keeping a casualty warm)
- 2 sets of OS maps of the route – WE WILL PROVIDE
- All rucksacks must display reflective material visible from the rear – A high level of
- Hi-visibility and reflective banding (which can be supplemented with red lamps such as bicycle lamps) is to be placed specifically around the rucksack of the team’s backmarker. This could be an additional hi-viz jacket worn around the rucksack.
See you next week for some bowling